At this time of year we have been busy planning for some important professional development events connected to our online opportunities. To recap, we offer:
- RELO Andes Webinars: monthly, no registration required
- DC’s “Shaping” Webinar series: advance registration required
- “Integrating the Internet into the Classroom” 3-week online course: scholarships provided
- “Exploring Web 2.0” 3-week online course: scholarships provided
- E-Teacher Scholarships for 2-3 month online courses in Assessment, Teaching Young Learners, Methods, ESP, Critical Thinking and Web Skills
If you are interested in any of the above, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Accessibility ranges from “open to all” with the RELO Andes Webinar Series to a few limited scholarships for the E-Teacher courses. The fewer the scholarships, the more we are looking at supporting institutions and groups of professionals.
As a follow-on to these courses, we are planning a number of professional development events. In all five Andean countries in which we are active – Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Venezuela – we will partner with an institution for an online learning conference to help “activate” our experiences from these courses and share them with fellow teachers. In Peru, we will also hold conferences in Lima on March 3, 2012 and in Cusco on March 8, 2012. Professor Michael Krauss, the creator of the “Integrating” and “Exploring” courses will join alumni and others to help spread new ideas on extending opportunities to learn English through tools on the internet.